Conference and Meetings
Its a world of difference: This peaceful, powerful place is a golden heartland of dramatic landscapes, breathtaking colour, abundant flavours and pioneer-spirited people who live the good life and love to share it! It’s a different pace in a different place, offering the perfect change of environment your clients need for a successful meeting. Accommodation can be found in inspiring locations, ensuring the perfect break.
- Access: Central Otago is easily accessed via Queenstown International Airport, just 40 minutes from Cromwell and less than an hour from Alexandra, or Dunedin airport – approximately 2.5 hours to Alexandra. There are commuter flights from Wanaka Airport to Christchurch. For those based in the lower half of the South Island, driving is also an easy option and makes transporting conference and meeting material a breeze.
- Reliability: Central Otago has 4 distinct seasons and is cooler in winter, however the climate is mostly dry and sunny all year, so offers an almost guaranteed pleasant environment for a breakaway.
- Great distractions: Experience true solitude and get close to nature in an inspiring and timeless land. Set your own tempo of activity in Central Otago. Hit the hills in search of historic sites, bike the Otago Central Rail Trail, taste award winning wines in amazing locations, play a round of golf at any one of the 11 golf courses, 4WD, kayak down rivers, try curling in year round or just kick back and relax – occasionally out of cell phone coverage. Central Otago is a place where you relax, indulge and rejuvenate.
Planning your Meeting or Corporate Break
Central Otago is ideally suited to host small to medium conferences, meetings or corporate breaks. There are some superb venues for small meetings and excellent options for some great incentive weekends as well.
Meeting venues range from those with attached accommodation, to purpose built facilities or smaller more intimate venues within wineries and museums.
Accommodation can be found in close proximity to your meeting venue, ranging from motels to luxurious country lodges. The many local cafes and wineries serve local wines and excellent cuisine created with local produce.
Tourism Central Otago is happy to discuss your needs with you and assist your team to put together packages and itineraries.
- Co-ordination of familiarisation visits and site inspections to help you to research the destination, and advice and contacts for venues and accommodation.
- Ideas for meeting/incentive activities, entertainment, partners' programmes and Central Otago inspired conference gifts.
- Free use of images to promote your meeting/incentive/corporate break in Central Otago.
- Free delegate information packs for each person attending your meeting/incentive/corporate break featuring maps, useful information and activity brochures.