Pisa District Community Plan
The Pisa District comprises both side of State Highway 6 from the Lowburn bridge north to the head of Lake Dunstan. The area is a series of residential subdivisions, lifestyle blocks and farmland bordered by the Lake to the east and the flat topped Sugar Loaf to the west with the Pisa Range beyond it.
As a residential community the area is young with much of it being developed since the filling of the lake in the early 1990’s. Population in the local area has grown significantly over the last five years.
The Pisa community value the local environment and the unique landscape it sits within, the sense of community and the recreation opportunities of the area.
It was identified that key to the local community is building a sense of community, identifying and developing recreation opportunities in the area and the opportunities and challenge of living beside Lake Dunstan.
Some key points that came out of the plan include:
To view the Pisa district Community Plan click here.
- Determine the best method of communication with the local community
- Carry out a voluntary community audit of peoples skills
- Develop a network of walkways/cycleways which promote community use
- Completion of the local childrens’ playground
- Assess the boat ramp to determine future requirements
- Create a plan for future development that meets the various needs of the community.