This Community Plan covers the Omakau township and surrounding area.
The Omakau community's vision is to have a thriving (and welcoming) community, with a peaceful rural character and excellent amenitites, that provides a safe, sustainable and exciting destination for visitors and residents alike.
Some of the key points that came out of the plan include:
- Determine ongoing maintenance and development of the Omakau Hall
- Develop a map of the town that displays interesting places to visit, activities and services
- Install signage, from the rail trail and town centre, directing people to the public toilets at the Domain
- Create low maintenance beautification plans for Omakau's public spaces, in consultation with the landowner, and implement community working bees to achieve these plans
- Develop better communication links with Council.
To view the Omakau Community Plan 2014 click here.