|Poolburn Gorge Classic
Ride a round trip to the tunnels and viaduct. Take a tiki-tour through the gold mining town of Ophir when you return.
Distance: 26 km
Time: allow 3 – 4 hours.
We transport you from Omakau through to Auripo where you set off towards the Poolburn Gorge with its viaduct and tunnels and then on to Lauder and Omakau. Take a side trip through the gold mining town of Ophir
Distance: 17 km
Time: allow 1 – 2 hours.
Golden Progress Express
We transport you from Omakau through to Oturehua where you can explore the Golden Progress Mine site, Gilchrists Store and Historic Hayes Engineering (by arrangement). Then set off towards the Poolburn Gorge with its viaduct and tunnels and on to Omakau. Cap it off with a tiki-tour through the gold mining town of Ophir when you return.
Distance: 30 km
Time: allow 4-6 hours.
Tunnels to Tavern Express
We transport you from Chatto Creek through to Auripo where you set off towards the Poolburn Gorge with its viaduct and tunnels and on to Lauder and Omakau. Take a side trip through the gold mining town of Ophir and then whiz down the Tiger Hill incline to the Chatto Creek Tavern and back down to your car.
Distance: 29.5 km
Time: allow 5-6 hours.
Tavern to Tavern Express
We transport you from Chatto Creek through to Oturehua where you can explore the Golden Progress Mine site, Gilchrists Store and Historic Hayes Engineering (by arrangement). Then set off towards the Poolburn Gorge with its viaduct and tunnels and on to Omakau. Take a side trip through the gold mining town of Ophir and then whiz down the Tiger Hill incline to the Chatto Creek Tavern and back to your car.
Distance: 44 km
Time: allow 5-6 hours.
|Shebikeshebikes booking Terms & Conditions
1 .DEPOSITS - a 20% deposit is required to confirm your booking (whether solely bike hire or packages including bike hire, accommodation, baggage transfers and transport). This may be paid by internet banking or credit card (Visa or Mastercard) by phone or email and no credit card service fees apply.
If your booking is made within 30 days of your departure date then you must pay the entire cost of the booking as confirmation.
2. PAYMENT IN FULL – Payment must be made in full, a minimum of 30 days prior to your departure date. Note that if you live in New Zealand and are paying by credit card then a 2% service fee will apply to this payment – this fee will be calculated on the balance payable and then added to this. For international customers, no credit card service fee will apply.
3. CANCELLATION – Most railtrail bookings involve several operators – bus drivers, bike hire company, accommodation providers etc. In many cases, once your booking with them is confirmed, they have turned away other enquiries. Therefore if a late cancellation occurs, they must be reimbursed for lost income. All cancellations must be made in writing.
(a) Cancellations outside of 30 days to departure: 50% of deposit withheld.
(b) Cancellations between 30 days and 14 days to departure: refund of payment is dependent upon whether accommodation providers are able to reallocate rooms to other guests. Application for refunds will be made on a case by case basis by Shebikeshebikes management.
(c) Cancellations within 14 days of departure: No refund available
Note – in all cases of cancellation we are happy to credit the shebikeshebikes portion of funds retained towards a subsequent booking with us.
4. RATES – Stated rates may be subject to change without notice until payment of deposit and the subsequent confirmation with the provider. Shebikeshebikes contract a number of 3rd party providers and they may decide to change their rates at any time.
shebikeshebikes product (tours and bike hire) Terms & Conditions
1. CLIENT LIABILITY – The Client agrees to accept all risks, and will not hold Shebikeshebikes, or any of their employees or agents responsible or make any claim against them (including claims arising from negligence) for any direct or indirect injury or damage to the Client or its property. The Client agrees that any claim in respect of any damage and/or injury to other persons and/or property is its responsibility and not the responsibility of Shebikeshebikes or their employees or agents and hereby indemnify Shebikeshebikes against any loss, damage or claim whatsoever arising against them. The client must provide their own travel insurance to cover their expenses in cases of unforeseen circumstances. The client must provide any medical details that may adversely affect their participation (e.g. asthma, pregnancy, chronic conditions) at the time of booking, so that we may discuss contingency planning with you.
2. NEW ZEALAND LAW – This hire agreement is governed in all respects by the laws of New Zealand and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand. Visitors to New Zealand must have full insurance due to limited ACC cover.
3. SAFETY - The Client accepts that cycling and associated activities have inherent risks, and can be dangerous. The Client understands that these risks include (but are not limited to): illness, navigational difficulties, rough riding conditions, poor weather, and collisions, all of which may occur in isolated areas. The Client accepts all responsibility and liability for ensuring their own safety. Shebikeshebikes reserve the right to withdraw any person who it believes is likely to be a danger to themselves or others.